Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Map Academy Get mapping quickly, with QGIS
[Bild: bsd6kft0wtw5bs5amvavv84kcz.jpg]

Map Academy Get mapping quickly, with QGIS
Genre: eLearning | MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz
Language: English | Size: 10.0 GB | Duration: 15h 15m

What you'll learn
How to make different map types (e.g. 'heat maps', locator maps, density maps, election maps - and more)
Map making workflows - adding data, styling data, labelling, design, map layouts and more (including glowing maps)
The fundamentals of QGIS (100% free software, no license or payment required)
How to export high resolution images from QGIS (e.g. png, pdf, jpg, svg and more)
Spatial analysis concepts (buffer, clip, etc)
The fundamental principles of GIS
How to use QGIS for geographic analysis
Geospatial data formats and concepts
Map projections / coordinate reference systems
Map tips and tricks + fun map stuff!
Requirements
No prior experience of mapping or geographic data analysis is necessary - you just need to be a competent computer user and know how to install software (on PC, Mac or Linux).

Description
WELCOME TO MAP ACADEMY! LEARN HOW TO MAKE GREAT MAPS, WITH QGIS
Millions of people across the world love maps, yet only a small percentage of people know how to make maps - and I'm on a mission to change that. Taking your first steps in geographic information systems (GIS) and digital cartography can be really enjoyable, but if you don't have a guide it can also be a wee bit daunting, so that's why I've launched Map Academy. Using real data from many different countries, this course contains over 140 short lessons to help you get up and running with map making and spatial analysis in QGIS.
QGIS is the world's most popular open source GIS and is used by major corporations worldwide, as well as by national, regional and local governments - and by academics, students and amateur map enthusiasts. It's 100% free, and it works on Mac, PC and Linux. QGIS downloads and installs in minutes and requires no licences or registration - ever.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to make many different kinds of maps and save them as high quality images in a variety of file formats (e.g. pdf, jpg, png, and many more) for use in documents, presentations and other settings. You might be surprised at how much you can learn and how far you can go with QGIS in a short space of time.
Map Academy: Get mapping quickly, with QGIS is organised into the following sections
Introduction
Know your way around QGIS
Let's make a map
Data handling
Locator maps
'Heat maps'
Election maps
Density maps
Fun map stuff
Vector tools in QGIS
Working with raster data
QGIS Plugins
Tips and tricks
Recap
Okay, so why QGIS? Yes, it's 100% free, but that's not why I want you to use it. The main reasons we use QGIS in this course are as follows.
BEAUTY: you can produce beautiful maps in QGIS, with minimal fuss.
SPEED: it's fast - it helps you get the job done quickly and meet those pesky deadlines.
POWER: its powerful - you can do all kinds of complex spatial analysis with it and go way beyond mapping, if you need to.
INNOVATION: the QGIS development team are always making improvements and adding enhanced features.
FLEXIBILITY: QGIS can handle any file type, and works on any operating system.
But what if you only need to make simple maps? No problem - it's great for that too. You can use QGIS to make basic maps, as well as performing more complex mapping and spatial analysis tasks - if you need it, QGIS can do it.
Like all software, the initial learning curve can be a bit steep and you can quickly become overwhelmed with words, concepts, data formats and menu options - not to mention the unsettling feeling you can get when you first look at a new user interface. You can find lots of QGIS tricks and tips online, but if you're just starting out with GIS it's often difficult to know what terms to search for, where to look, and who to trust.
This is why I've launched Map Academy here on Udemy. This QGIS course is a systematic, step-by-step introduction that begins with the basics of GIS and data, and guides you all the way through different map types and how to create high quality outputs.
Along the way, you'll learn a ton about fundamental GIS concepts and techniques, all based on the idea of doing-as-you-learn and learning-as-you-do. I'll provide a wide range of interesting, in-depth examples from across the world so that you can apply the learning here to your own specific needs. I'll provide all the data you need - as well as showing you where to find more when you need to (a crucial skill for any GIS user).
I assume no prior knowledge or experience of QGIS, or any other GIS software. So long as you're comfortable using a computer, are enthusiastic about maps, and love learning new things then this course is for you.
I look forward to seeing you in class!
- Alasdair :)
Who this course is for
Anyone who wants to learn how to make high quality maps, including
Architects and urban designers
Urban and regional planners
Students
Academics
Researchers
Journalists
Earth scientists
Analysts (e.g. transport, economic development)
Anyone else with an interest in data and maps

[Bild: mapacademygetmappingqikjh8.jpg]

Download from RapidGator

Download from Rapidgator:

Download from NitroFlare

Download from UploadGig

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Prediction Mapping Using GIS Data and Advanced ML Algorithms Panter 0 57 25.11.2023, 23:36
Letzter Beitrag: Panter
  Wordpress For Beginners No Code Just Easy Wordpress, Quickly Panter 0 103 09.12.2022, 08:05
  How To Start And Scale A Shopify Dropshipping Store Quickly Panter 0 120 17.11.2022, 13:39
  How To Easily Use Ann For Prediction Mapping Using Gis Data? Panter 0 108 19.10.2022, 22:33
  Microsoft Excel - Learn Quickly (Hindi + English) Panter 0 179 13.04.2022, 22:43
  Flooding Risk Assessment with Hec-Ras, Hec-HMS, QGIS Panter 0 161 22.03.2022, 19:23

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Expand chat