Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Learn 300 English Idioms & Phrases with Origins in 30 Days
[Bild: 46191509cf53hvf5m.jpg]

Learn 300 English Idioms & Phrases with Origins in 30 Days
Published 07/2022
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch
Genre: eLearning | Language: English | Duration: 335 lectures (5h 30m) | Size: 5.4 GB

Learning origins and backstories is the best way to memorise them forever!

What you'll learn
Fascinating origin stories of 380 idioms and phrases in the English language.
Exact context in which these phrases were first used.
All meanings and connotations of every idiom and phrase.
At least one example sentence so that the meaning is etched in your memory forever.
Understand spoken English more clearly.

Requirements
I speak in English (with subtitles of course) so elementary understanding of English is required..

Description
The best way to learn something in Maths is to derive it. Similarly, the best way to learn idioms and phrases is to know their origins and the stories behind them. It gives you the context in which a particular phrase was first used.

For example, the phrase "spill the beans" comes from an ancient Greek voting method in which voters would put beans in opaque jars labeled with the name of their favorite candidate. If a voter unintentionally knocked off a jar and spilled the beans, he would reveal the outcome before the results were announced officially. Thus, this phrase has come to mean "to reveal a secret, especially unintentionally".

Such minute details can be learned and retained only by knowing the backstory behind a phrase. When you know a story, you don't cram, you don't memorize anything. Your brain automatically makes mental pictures, and you learn when to use which phrase without any special effort on your part.

Hi, my name is Gauri Shanker, and I am a self-taught vocabulary enthusiast. I have been actively learning and researching words, idioms, phrases, and their origins for the past 10 years. I have been a Udemy Instructor for more than two years now and have about a thousand students enrolled in my courses.

In this course, you will learn the target English idioms and phrases in 30 days, so that your English sounds more natural when you use it in your conversation and writing.

In this course, you will learn

All meanings and interpretations of every phrase (etched in your memory forever)

Origin and backstories of every idiom and phrase

The exact context in which these phrases were first used

At least one example sentence with every phrase

Relevant pictures and illustrations to drive home the meaning of every phrase

What's more? All related phrases are discussed together in one video for better neural connections. For example, the phrases "Hold water", "Watertight", "Swiss cheese argument" and "Pick holes in something" have been discussed together because they all have a common theme. Similarly, the phrases "off the cuff" and "on the cuff" have been discussed together because their stories are based on 'cuff' a jewelry article worn by men about two hundred years ago.

Furthermore, to learn more than 300 idioms with their origins, you don't have to spend hours. I need only 15 minutes of your time for 30 days.

There are thirty sections containing ten videos each with an average video duration of one minute. Phrases have been covered in bite-sized but comprehensive lessons, so you won't be overwhelmed with information.

This course is extremely detailed, so you can fully master the target English.

If you want to understand written English more clearly, if you want to sound more native-like, or if you simply want to take your English to a higher level, this course can help you achieve your goal of taking your English to the next level.

This course is also perfect for anyone taking CAT, GMAT, SAT, SSC, or any other English-based exam.

Who this course is for
Buy this course if you are curious about the origins of English phrases.
Buy this course if you have a difficulty in remembering the meaning of English idioms.
Buy this course if you don't know how to use idioms and phrases in a sentence.
Take this course if you preparing for any exam (CAT, GMAT, SSC, SAT, IELTS etc).

Homepage

[Bild: 5.handlewithkidglovesdldju.jpg]

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Learn English with Kids Panter 0 40 31.03.2024, 11:31
Letzter Beitrag: Panter
  The English Conversation Course | Learn to speak English! Panter 0 57 20.03.2024, 00:48
  Selenium Java Made Easy For Beginners (Learn In 30 Days) Panter 0 70 15.02.2024, 13:27
  TTC - The Secret Life of Words: English Words and Their Origins Panter 0 87 03.12.2023, 01:39
  Learn English Idioms and Expressions with Diana Panter 0 58 26.11.2023, 00:13
  Python Mega Course: Learn Python in 60 Days, Build 20 Apps Panter 0 74 16.10.2023, 20:59

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Expand chat